Switching to this tightly controlled and monitored microgrid system, Union college was able to end frequent blackouts and provide students, faculty, and essential research facilities the stable power source they required.
St. Joseph's generates their own power now, improving reliability, reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 11,676 tons/year, and reducing the annual utility budget. Approximately $1 million reduction in its first full year of operation.
When University of Michigan operations teams became aware that the central power plant and sub-stations weren’t equipped to handle harsh weather events or utility outages adequately, an upgrade was needed.
- SCADA Design and Implementation
- PLC & DCS Control Systems
- Industrial Networking & Cybersecurity
- NERC CIP
- Dashboarding & Reporting
- Automation Master Planning
- Boiler Controls
- Chiller Controls
- Operational Dispatch and Sequencing
- Combustion Turbine (CTG) Integration
- Recipricating Internal Combustion Engine (RICE) Integration
- Backup Generation
- Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) Integration
- Industrial Power Systems
- Historian Data Management
- Real Time Pricing via ISO, USGS, etc.